Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Redwork

I hope everyone had a great holiday! The weather prevented one of our guests from arriving. She will get here late Sunday, if all goes as 're-planned', so we will have a bit more Christmas to celebrate with her.

Now that the hand made gifts have been opened (except the one that was finished too late to send...)I can share the redwork project that I worked on a couple of weeks ago.
I showed a sneak peek here, but now I can reveal!

This motif is from the Sublime Stitching Craft Pad. It is meant to be a occupational representation of K - Dearest Sister's first girl. I am not really sure what she does at her work, but it is scientific in nature, so I thought this would be appropriate. (I am sure she will be too kind to tell me if I am entirely off base, which is quite likely!)

This one is for V, the second of three. The design is from the Sublime Stitching 'Vital Organs' collection. V is a nurse and works on a floor that has neurological patients. I don't really think that she stabs needles in their brains. Again, it is a representation.

For B, the third girl, I chose these little sister fairy girls. (The design is from Annie Oak Leaves.) B's main occupation is mother to two little sweetie pie girls. She does other work, but her main job is mama.
I stitched the designs on these totes that I got on sale (of course!) a couple of years ago. They have been waiting on the shelf for inspiration to strike and this was the year.

I really have entirely too many 'gift blanks' in the closet - items bought with embroidery projects in mind.

I think that I better get started on next Christmas!

5 comments:

Iron Needles said...

They loved them all! Because they thought them entirely appropriate. Because they had dishclothes in them. Mostly Because their Aunt Jan made them specially for them!

Martha said...

What a cute idea -- and those bags with the red trim are perfect for displaying your redwork. I hadn't thought about embroidering totes, so you've given me a new idea for next Christmas.

Sweet_Vee said...

I love it I love it I love it!!!!!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Very pretty, Jan! What's not to love? These are keepers that will hopefully be handed down for several generations. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I do love mine aunt Jan!!! It is great! and it has turned into my new camera tote ;)
thank you thank you! love - k