I kept thinking that I should wait until I finished more UFO's, but last night, I couldn't help it. I grabbed some 2 1/2" strips and started sewing.
My first block is the one in the upper left. It was the leftovers of the Orb quilt, so all one line. I love the way it looks, but I decided I better mix it up a bit with some other fabric, or the quilt wouldn't be very cohesive, since it wouldn't take long to run out of those fabrics.
I found some stashes of strips that I had kind forgotten about and threw them in the mix. It was hard not to try to plan and also to include some of the fabrics that I wasn't sure would play well with the others, but I only paid attention to value and I think it works pretty well. I have set aside some red and red-orange pieces for the middle strips. Of course with more blocks, I will be able to mix up the layout even more.
I can't wait to see how it looks with more blocks! It all started with Bonnie Hunter's tutorial here, so join in if you have a mind to! There is also a Flickr group that is chock full of different blocks and layouts. All in all, a very fun phenom!
Also in progress:
This is my progress on the Baby Animals quilt. I decided to do the main color on all the blocks and then go back and add the other bits. Mainly because I haven't really decided what other color to use. Something in the pink/fuchsia spectrum, but I need to settle on it soon.
Here is a closer peek at a cute little cotton-tail. I am working on the lamb and the baby deer is in the queue.
Lots in progress! I will be finished with my autograph quilt in the next day or two. I just have to finish the hanging sleeve and get it on the wall, and it will be checked off the list.
Hope you are having a good Wednesday!
I am linking today at Freshly Pieced!