Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Too Much Momentum...

I have been sewing away on my Wonky Log Cabin quilt. Sunday, I sewed all afternoon and got all the blocks put together. I decided that I needed twenty blocks to make a quilt for the guest bed and I stayed up way past my bedtime to finish up the last one.
Upon a re-count, I discovered that I had made twenty-one blocks!

Oh well! I still need to trim the blocks, (in a wonky fashion), which will make them a bit smaller afterwards. I might make a pillow from the extra, or I might make four more blocks and make the quilt bigger.

I am really excited to see how it will look!

The Mister took this photo today. Even though we are enjoying mild temperature (especially compared with some areas!) the kitties still like to sleep with a 'heater cat'!

6 comments:

Lynne said...

OH! How beautiful it looks! I just love that sunny banana yellow! Can we see a close up?

And the kitties ... well ... it's hard to tell where one starts and the other one ends! Too cute!

Allie said...

Jan I LOVE it! You could always put the extra block on the back. This is such a happy quilt!!!!!

Too funny about the "heater" cat...we always say that I'm the cat's personal heater, lol! In the cold she pretty much stays on my lap!

Iron Needles said...

I didn't think the kitties liked each other that much any more! Good job on the quilt. It looks really really good.

(I am sure you don't need the tragic lone star now...)

Martha said...

The top is looking fabulous, and that's pretty funny you stayed up late just to make an extra block!

That's such a cute photo -- my cats are not friendly at all and would never sleep like this, but one cat and the dog snuggle up frequently.

Gaynell said...

On a whim, I looked at my Jo-Anns for your yellow...I was amazed at the number of different shades and names (both maize and corn!) for yellow, but no banana! I really like the quilt.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Maybe you could use the extra blogs for decorative little pillows? Cute kitties. I wish mine were that cute and cuddly.