Thursday, October 1, 2009

Blogtoberfest




At this time last year, I was on the brink of having a blog of my own. I had thought and thought about it and had just about gotten up the nerve to do it!

My fear was that no one would be interested in what I have to say. It wouldn’t be so bad if no one read what I wrote. The worst thing would be to have visitors, but no repeat visitors!

So, during the weeks leading up to ‘taking the plunge’, I kept thinking about what I would write if I had a blog. Many of the bloggers that I was reading regularly, participated in “Blogtoberfest” – writing everyday for a month. At the time, it didn’t seem all that difficult, what with my pent up posting mojo fermenting in my brain, but now, I see that it is quite a challenge!

This October, I find myself with almost a year of blogging behind me, a record of posting with less frequency than some, and not really concerned about it! I post when I have something to contribute that I think might be interesting and sometimes that is not so often!

In the spirit of Blogtoberfest, though, I am teaming up with Dearest Sister at Iron Needles to do a ‘tag-team blogtoberfest’. That is to say that between us, we are going to accept the challenge to post everyday.

It won’t be such a stretch for her. She often posts every other day (or more often!) but lately, she has been distracted by other events and has fallen to, oh, say, three times a week. Me, I think my average is about every third day (or fourth!) The benefit to me will be a bit of emphasis on organization and planning, as well as procrastination avoidance. The benefit to DS is that she will likely look like a superstar compared to my efforts.

And the benefit to anyone that ‘plays along’ (that is, reads from time to time) will be a giant, fantastic, fabulous tag team giveaway at the end of the month! So come along and see what happens!

It’s Blogtoberfest! (cue: oom-pah-pah!)

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh gads. I don't think I could to it, so more power to you! Especially in my current BLUT. You Go!

Gaynell said...

I for one am looking forward to this tag-team event!
(How is it that the goofy letters we have to copy are easier on your blog than on that of DS??)

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I am a repeat visitor, for sure--both you and DS!!!!

I often post daily for a while and then go into a funk! Trying to to let life do that to me. I am looking forward to your blogfest! C

Allie said...

I don't think I could do it either, lol - sometimes I don't post for a week! My life is snoring boring. But I'll be here to read yours, you can bet on it!