Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rhymeland Number Six & Number Seven

I have finished two more of the Rhymeland Quilt blocks and I am really pleased with how they are turning out. There is enough detail in the designs to keep it interesting, but not so much that it makes it difficult to stitch.


This is Tommy Tucker, singing for his supper - don't you just love the shoes?



A gigantic umbrella for gigantic rain drops! I love the eyes in both of these blocks!

I am almost finished with Peter Piper's Wife. I will have four more to do after that.

These blocks have been fun, but I have a couple of other projects in the hopper that I am itching to get started on.

It's a good thing car show season is right around the corner. I will have plenty of time, sitting in parks, parking lots and fairgrounds in the next couple of months to work on lots of things!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Hello! I am a reader of your dear sister's blog, and am here because of her. She sent me here because I was so taken with the teapot tea towels. You do such lovely work that you have inspired me to try my hand at embroidery once again.

The quilt blocks that you did for the next grandbebe were so adorable!

I was wondering what your sources were for such timeless patterns?

If you like you can email me:
lynnerobinson@mac.com
or you can leave a comment on my blog:
www.rickandlynne.com/lynne

Your embroidery skills are exquisite! So jealous ... !

I have enjoyed exploring your blog a bit and reading some older posts. Love the old coloring books! Also a HUGE fan of Anne of Green Gables and have it on DVD. My husband has never seen it either and I've been meaning to watch them with him. I could watch over and over again. Megan Follows personifies Anne for me.

Anonymous said...

I like your work, too! Love, WS