Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Embroidered Baby Animals

 It is almost not Wednesday, but I have just finished the last of these blocks!


Good thing, too, as I need to hand them off to Dear Sis this weekend (along with the feedsack fabric I set aside for the quilt for her Grandbebe Girl Five).

The designs are Aunt Martha transfers, "#3738 - Baby Animals".  Like many Aunt Martha designs, there were 7 in the set - the seventh was a baby elephant which I didn't feel quite fit in with the rest.  I needed 12 blocks, so I left out the ellie, and did two of the remaining six.

This is the first time I have done duplicates of the same designs in the same set of blocks.  I think I will try not to do that again.  The last few were kind of a grind to finish up.  I do think they are very cute, though!

Here is a closer view of a couple of my favorites:






The rest are in my Flikr stream here.

Fingers crossed that spring will come for good this weekend! I am excited for a mini road trip to hook up with Dear Sis and her Guy and hand off this project!

No comments: