Sunday, April 21, 2013

Stash Update - Week 16

During the KCMQG retreat, there were many shopping opportunities. There were two quilt shops within walking distance.  One quite small shop that gave us each a 20% off coupon and one very large shop, packed with fabric, but no sales, discounts, bolt ends, or remnants. 

The large shop had just about every line of fabric that I have ever heard of and not just current lines. Since they don't discount, they also have lots of fabric from 2012 and earlier. It was fun to look around, but I was not tempted to buy anything (rather, I could not justify it...) 

I did buy the variegated thread and 6 fat quarters that I used in the batik quilt at the small shop. 

At the retreat, I used half a layer cake (1.25 yds) for some wonky cross blocks for a group effort donation quilt. 

I also won a French General Layer cake (3 yds) and was given two fat quarters by Tammie of Marmalade Fabrics.  Tammie brought a gazillion Kona Solids fat quarters and let each of us pick whichever two we wanted. I picked Bright Peri, and Crocus because my stash is purple deficient. 

Marmalade Fabrics  was our meeting sponsor at guild last week, too.  I always like to patronize our sponsors, but I only bought 2yards. Three Kona half yards (rich red, red and pink) and a half yard of a print from Mod Century, by Jenn Ski. 

I originally didn't report the fabric for the batik quilt since my niece bought most of it for the project. My thought was that I wouldn't count it coming in or going out.  In order to have these numbers reflect the true picture of how much sewing I have done this year, I decided to add it into both totals. It doesn't change the net, but it gives a more accurate picture. 
She sent me seven yards and I added four for a total of 11 yards.

My other finish was the Poor Sad Quilt.  I used 4.75 yards for borders, binding and backing.

Fabric  added this week - 16.5yards
Fabric added YTD - 58.08 yards
Fabric used this week - 17.0 yards
Fabric used YTD - 54.18  yards
Net Stash change - +3.9 yards*

I think I am caught up on reporting all the fabric I have added and used in completed projects. I hope I will have a couple more finishes to report next time and get the trend 
line reversed!

Linking up here to stay on track!

*I found a math error after auditing, so I fixed it this week.  I know you probably are not going to call me out on it, but I thought I would disclose!

1 comment:

ANudge said...

So close to black, you get a star by your name this week. It's great to have so many solids on hand.