Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Stash Update - week 13

We are home from our road trip and catching up! This post should have been done on Sunday, but better late than never!

What a great week of fabric shopping!
First, I got 5yards of the Ikea "numbers" fabric. I love it that you can find the same fabrics at Ikea months or years later sometimes, if it is a good one. I have not used this one before, but I have seen other folks use it to make great quilt backs, so I bought 5 yards. It is wider than 44", maybe 56 or 60, I think.

From Philly, I went to NYC and shopped at Purl Soho and Brooklyn General! At Purl, I got one yard of Shelburne Falls Dress Floral for a Denyse Schmidt charm swap. And, I bought a mini rainbow stack of 20 Liberty Lawn prints. A total of a yard and a quarter.

At Brooklyn General, I bought one yard of vintage cotton - off the bolt! (I thought I had a photo, bit I can't find it. I will share after I am unpacked!) They had about a half dozen vintage light weight cottons on bolts and 3 or 4 bolts of bark cloth. It was new old stock from a store on Long Island. Early 60's I would say, judging by the original marked price of 28cents a yard.

The total is 8.25 yards added. I have to say, though, there were many more yards that I was tempted to get, so I feel pretty good about it



Fabric added this week - 8.25 yards
Fabric added YTD - 40.58 yards
Fabric used this week - 0 yards
Fabric used YTD - 37.18 yards
Net Stash change - +3.4 yards


Rainbow of Liberty!

Ikea numbers classic!

No comments: