Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Batiks!

I started this quilt at retreat last weekend. I made great progress, but I needed some different colored thread for the appliqué part. (the small 'accent' squares are appliqué). I was too lazy and cheap to walk back downtown to buy thread that I knew I had at home, so I rolled it up in the tablecloth design wall and worked on something else until time to go home.

My sewing room is such a mess! I need to take a few cubic yards out of it so I can work, but it is overwhelming me. So instead of making room to work, I am sitting on the sofa doing embroidery.

What are you working on?

6 comments:

Gaynell said...

I love the colors of the quilt!I am looking forward to seeing it completed.

Vic H. said...

Wow...that looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

That is an incredibly beautiful quilt. Blues and purples play so well together. :)

-Bobbi

Anonymous said...

This quilt is so calming. I love your colour choices.

Iron Needles said...

Felting slippers, spinning yarn, and unpiecing vintage quilt squares.
You asked!

Allie said...

*gasp* This is GORGEOUS!!!!!