Priced at $10.
So I bought it.
The glue that held the wooden base together was very dry and it was coming apart and the cover was missing, but it wasn't rusted and the wheel turned freely.
Since I had researched a bit on vintage Singers, I knew that that there are resources to restore old machines, and The Mister is pretty handy with electrical stuff. At the time, I had not yet signed up for my quilt class, but I was planning to. The thought crossed my mind that I might have to bring my own sewing machine and my regular one is not portable.
A couple of weekends ago, we made it a project. He replaced the board on the bottom of the base and glued and clamped it all back together. I cleaned and oiled the head. We ordered a new motor and electrical connections and got it up and running. I even found a cover on ebay that fits perfectly!
I ordered the wrong bobbin case, so I have sent it back to exchange for the correct one before I can actually use it.
This machine is very modern, (built in 1935!) compared with my 'old' one, from 1891. This one has a forward and reverse! And, it is portable! (heavy, but portable!)
I can't wait to get the correct bobbin case so I can take it for a test drive!