Today, I 'made a muslin'.
I didn't intend to, it just turned out that way.
On Saturday morning, I was on the computer and got an email from Dearest Sister directing me to look at the blog post that she had just finished. The post announced that the quilt for baby Opal (who should be here any day) was fini!
After reading it, I remembered that I had not made a label, as I had planned, so I set about accomplishing just that very thing.
I made a transfer, ironed it on a piece of flour sack and began to stitch. I worked on it while watching TV on Saturday and a bit Sunday and took it with me as 'amusement' to the doctor's office to pass the time waiting. I was just finishing up all but the date line, and I began to envision it on the quilt and I realized...
that I used the wrong color!
I used the floss from the last quilt I worked on, not thinking that the last one I worked on has not been finished! It is to be for baby Bean. Opal's quilt was stitched in orange!
I briefly thought of picking out the stitches of Opal's name and using this label for the yet to be finished quilt for Bean, but I don't like to pick out stitches and I think that it might leave holes that the Bean's name (whatever it will be!) would not be able to obscure.
No, I think I shall just count it as a trial run of the real project.
Which will start now...