Sunday, May 26, 2013

Stash Update - Week 21

I have been re-thinking the way that I am tracking my fabric acquisition. I have decided that I am not going to track fabric that I do not pay for.

My goal is to sew from my stash, but also to break the habit of fabric shopping. (The main exception is shopping with our guild sponsors on meeting nights.) If I am given fabric as a gift, or prize I am not going to include it in the totals.

I am not going to go back and change what I have counted so far, just going forward.

Since my last report, I added three yards of 'souvenir' fabric, purchased in Windsor, Colorado while I was visiting DearSis. It is some of Tula Pink's Parisville that was on clearance. ( I kind of am sort of thinking about maybe doing some or maybe all of the blocks in her "City Sampler" book...)

I don't have any finishes to report, but if I get my kitchen floor cleaned tomorrow, I might get two tops basted and ready for quilting!

Fabric added this week - 3 yards
Fabric added YTD - 66.58 yards
Fabric used this week -0 yards
Fabric used YTD - 55.68 yards
Net Stash change -+10.9 yards

2 comments:

Sharon said...

That totally makes sense to me.

Gaynell said...

I agree with you and Sharon!