Sunday, August 18, 2013

Stash Update - Week 33


Blogger tells me that it's been 76 days since I started this post, so I guess it's been that long since I finished any projects.  It feels good to have something to report today!

This week, I finished the 'Eye Spy' quilt and so I can report the 2.5 yards for the front, and 2 yards for the back and binding.  I used Carla's tutorial which adds a lot of energy to the block arrangement.

I pieced the backing from some of the leftover layer cake pieces and some remnants from JoAnn. It was wide enough to cut binding strips from what I trimmed off after I quilted it.   I makes a very scrappy effect!  I like it a lot better, now that it is finished.

I have also been  working on a guild challenge today, so I hope I have another finish before too long! 
Fabric added this week - 8.5yards
Fabric added YTD - 75 yards
Fabric used this week -4.5 yards
Fabric used YTD - 60 yards
Net Stash change -+15 yards 

I am linking up here to try to stay on track!

1 comment:

Dar said...

Your I Spy quilt is cute. I love pieced backs too. That adds such a fun element to a quilt.