I am on a roll with zip bags. I don't know why, but Julie's tutorial just made it seem so easy, and it really was.
This one was made from 5" squares, so it is four times the size if the originals.
I used a stack of squares that I rescued from a very poorly pieced lap quilt top I bought in a bunch of stuff at a church sale. The squares were cut perfectly, but the seams were the wonkiest ever, so I 'unsewed' them. The fabrics were not ones I would likely purchase, but my goal was to use it to practice some "dot-to-dot" quilting from Angela Walter's Craftsy class.
The squares were a great size for the designs that Angela teaches, and now that I finished it, I don't even notice the individual fabrics. They just all kind of become a color pattern.
After I filled it, it began to take on a box shape, so I am thinking about possibly adding a snap to the ends so that it would stay that way.
One change I made with this bag is that I quilted the lining to the pieced shell so the seams inside are raw edged. I don't think that will matter, though, as this size will more likely be used for closet or shelf storage.
I plan to make a couple more of these bags. I think they will be good fmq practice and since they zip, they will keep the dust out of whatever is inside.