Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The monthly installment...

...or so it seems, these days!

I would love to show you some photos of the beautiful setting for the wedding in Mexico. But I don't have very many.

I took this one upon arrival at the resort. This was the view a few yards off our little 'porch'. And the ocean was that color!

That is about the last photo I took that was worth saving. It seems that my camera is a desert camera. In the tropics it fogs up just like my glasses did, every time I went outside! The glasses cleared up after a few minutes outside. The camera did not, so the photos turned out foggy and out of focus.

Everyone that took little point and shoot cameras got some great photos. Ms A took about 700 on her iphone. I have been promised copies of all the photos that everyone else took, but lives have to return to routine before all the photos can be compiled and shared.

In other news:

I have been working on my Kona Solids Challenge quilt for the unveil at the July meeting of the Las Vegas Modern Quilt Guild. I have had a couple of false starts, but I think I have something underway.

And, it is officially summer but we had a rainy weekend over the holiday that gave us a respite from the 113 degree days.

Its all good.


7 comments:

Gaynell said...

I am also waiting for some additional sharing of photos....
113 degrees? Wow!

(A Hawaiian word verification-ilahunma)

Iron Needles said...

At least your camera continues to turn on...

Allie said...

Wow that looks amazing- I'm sorry your camera wouldn't cooperate! Hope you get some good ones from everyone else. Looking forward to seeing your Kona quilt, and glad you had some relief from those temps, yikes!

lunaticraft said...

Oh My! That's Beautiful!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Wow-113 degrees? We've been very hot here and terribly humid! Cameras and I do not get along! I let the hubby take all the photos!
V

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Well, if you can get me to blue water, even if in a blog photo, I am hugely satisfied on this hot, desert day. :))

Patty said...

That picture looks so pretty! I find that when I take pictures outside, I need to wear my sunglasses which are not prescription so I really can't see what I'm doing. The funny thing is my outdoor pics are way better then the inside ones.