Thursday, March 3, 2011

Las Vegas Modern Quilt Guild




At the second meeting at the Las Vegas Modern Quilt Guild, we had a mug rug swap. (I showed off mine here) Everyone who made one drew a number out of a cup. I drew number two, so I picked second.
And, this is what I picked!

No surprise, the red and white one called my name! This one was made by a very experienced quilter, so all the points point to where they were intended to point.

We had a great time and in my enthusiasm, I volunteered to be an officer of the club. Vice President, I think, but maybe still to be determined, as there were a couple of positions 'open'.

Maybe now that I have an 'official capacity' I can convince The Mister that I need use my vacations to travel around the country visiting other chapters of The Modern Quilt Guild. You know, as a mission of good will...

4 comments:

Vic H. said...

Good idea! ;-D

Gaynell said...

Surely you can combine car shows and quilt events! (I love that mug rug!)

Allie said...

Gorgeous little mug rug, good for you! And congrats on your new appointment - I think road trips are a spectacular idea!

Roy said...

Is a mug rug a cup coaster?