Sunday, June 20, 2010

Catching up...

It has been almost two weeks since I have posted, and I am not sure that I have anything to say today, but I am going to try to get back into the routine.

This past week, The Mister and I drove East to take some of our stuff to storage for the 'duration'. (30 months to retirement. Have I mentioned that, already?) Along the way, we visited with family and enjoyed the rainy weather. Most everyone there was tired of the rain, but we enjoyed the change from the heat.

We celebrated my birthday, midweek, with a morning of fun garage sales. I had lunch with Sister G at our favorite special occasion (or any excuse for an occasion) lunch spot.

I went to a church sale in the afternoon. The '$3 to get in preview' started at 4 and I got there about a half hour early. I had never been one of the early birds at a church sale. It was totally worth the wait and the $3! I haven't gotten organized enough to take any photos of my treasures, but suffice to say that my overloaded carrying capacity only cost me $20 - until I bought a sewing machine - a Singer 403 Slant-o-matic! The Mister thought I was kidding when I told him I bought the machine - until he saw the cabinet that came with it in the back of the pick up... I bought it with someone else in mind, though. It will not be added to the stable!

That evening, we planned to go to dinner at our favorite fried chicken restaurant and The Mister surprised me by inviting eight of our nearest and dearest to join us.

So, all in all, it was a very fun birthday and a very successful trip!

And, I found out there will be a new baby in the family, before next spring! I guess that answers the question of 'what project shall I start next?'

8 comments:

Allie said...

Well, you've certainly been busy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! It sounds like the perfect day, and a wonderful trip!

Martha said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a nice celebration.

My mother had that same model -- a Slant-o-Matic -- and my sister is still sewing on it. It's a great machine.

Lynne said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jan! Combining business with pleasure is so smart of you!

Gaynell said...

I enjoyed your b'day as much as my own. It feels good to celebrate with family.

~Niki~ said...

Happy belated!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Happy birthday and glad you had a nice trip. We've missed you.

Oh! And, congrats on the slanto - contraption. Does that mean everything is sewn on a slant? Or must it rest on a slanted table?? Or...? Okay. I'll shut up now. :)

Wunx~ said...

Happy Belated Birthday to You,
Happy belated birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Just-a-mere,
It's belated but so sincere!

(and, you lucky woman, you got out of hearing me actually sing it.)

Miri said...

What a fun birthday! Can't wait to see your birthday goodies!

DH's birthday was last week and somehow we've been celebrating all week...tomorrow too we're off to some museums!